Coaching Triads are new this year. A Triad is a cohort of three coaches each who want to intentionally work on their coaching techniques. The focus here is on the coaches' improvement. More details below.
Our Coaching Circle is a peer-to-peer coaching experience that we offer twice each year.
ROUND 19 ... February - April 2021
Registration is open through January
Benefits of Participation
The Coaching Circle and Triads
Coaching Circle Structure
How it Works
How it Works
If you would like to receive news and updates on The Coaching Circle and Triads
Subscribe to the Coaching Circle / Triads
Coaching Circle / Triad Agreement
By participating in the Coaching Circle/Triad you agree to the following:
1. Coaches adhere to a strong code of confidentiality. This is real coaching not "role play" and as Coaches we are not permitted to share anything about our Clients with others. This is a legal matter for us Coaches and it is also a personal matter when we are coaching friends and colleagues with whom we share our Chapter community. (See note on ICF Certification below.)
2. Coaching assignments are made by the Circle /Triad Coordinator (John Little) based on a rotated pairing of Coaches and those coached. Triad cohorts will be assigned by the coordinator with member input.
3. You are providing an opportunity for others to learn and improve.
Both Coaches and Clients benefit. This means you may have a coach who is less experienced than you or who doesn't specialize in the area you wish to be coached.
4. Those being coached decide the coaching focus or topic. Triad cohort members decide together on this.
5. Coaching Circle: We commit to coach 8 hours through the round, and to be coached for 8 hours through the round. Sessions can be any length and frequency as long as it suits the Coach/Client relationship and as long as 8 hours are "billed".
Triads: We commit to 8 meetings the duration decided by each Triad.
6. Your coaching must be conducted under the ICF Code of Ethics and you should endeavor to follow the ICF Core Competencies .
7. Legal stuff:
1. By participating in the Coaching Circle or Triads, you understand and agree that any information, concept, insight, idea, suggestion and/or advice learned or gleaned as a result of your coaching experience is intended to be general information with respect to common life issues and is offered in good faith.
2. Any decisions you make, any actions you take, and any consequences thereof are your own. You will not hold your Coach or ICF Long Island, Inc. responsible in any way for any decisions, actions, or consequences relating either directly or indirectly from the coaching received.
3. Under no circumstances will you hold your Coach or ICF Long Island, Inc. liable for any aspect or result of your coaching experience. You agree to assume full responsibility and to indemnify and hold harmless your Coach and ICF Long Island, Inc. for any loss or cost incurred by you or any person or entity related to or associated with you as a result of your coaching experience.